Thursday, June 21, 2007

It's time to bring the hammer down!!!

That title has nothing to do with what I am about to write, or does it?

I am listening to my friend's new music.

Simone, Teri, and Amy (and friends) are Rubies

A sweet and funky, old school disco, dance, new wave, pop smorgasbord of a band, out of Californ-I-A.

I have only heard a few jams from the new, soon to be released, full length, but it is enough to make me want to hear the rest.

"I Feel Electric" is, for a lack of less appropriate words, THE JAM!! A song that within the first twenty seconds makes you wanna super glue your repeat button, then tape it down with gaffers tape, never to be touched again. In other words, it makes me feel, well, electric.

"Stand in a Line" is classic Simone. Sung in that beautifully raspy voice. Honestly, words don't do it justice, you just have to meet her and hang with her and ask her to air drum for you and if your lucky jam and sing with her, then you'll know.

I have heard many of Simone's songs through the years. She has been crafting this kind of music for some time now, on the solo tip and with Call and Response, but Rubies takes it to a different level and emits a new charm. May I be the first to say, good job ladies!!

I am excited the hear the rest of the album and recommend jamming these tunes over and over.

Hey, while your at it, head on over to Sorcerer and let Dan's music rip you out into space on a vinyl surfboard made of vinyl. But that my friends, is for another blog.

No comments: